Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The BIG 5 0



Oh what a wonderful 50th birthday I have had! First Wayne took me to Gilberto's on my birthday (12/06/07) and some of my friends joined us for dinner and drinks. It was wonderful to be surrounded by such a wonderful bunch of people! Then on
Dec. 14th I left for Michigan to celebrate my birthday and Christmas with my brothers and sister. I was a bit worried, the weather was looking bad for Saturday. So I drove Friday for about 14 hours, making it to Terre Haute, IN. With the help from the good Lord above, the storm had slowed down and I made it to my sisters home in Brown City, Michigan at 12:30 p.m., just missing the storm by about an hour! One other little problem was as I exited the freeway at Imlay City, (about 18 miles from my sisters) my car was idling very fast (2,000 RPMs) This makes driving on ice and snowing surfaces very difficult. I slid into my sisters driveway, slipped it into neutral and shut it off. Again, by the grace of God, I was safe! My younger brother took the car into a shop and it was a sensor and the total cost of repair was only $97. Whewwwww!


Saturday the 22nd we had a family get together for my birthday and my nephews birthday that was on the 21st. What a spread! Those pictured are my nephew, Jason that turned 38 on the 21st; my sister, Jan (Jason's mom); myself; Claudio and Jennifer. Jennifer is Jason's sister and Claudio is her Italian Fiance.

No comments: